Wilpena Pound Resort sits within the stunning Flinders Ranges National Park, encompassing some of the most spectacular scenery in South Australia.
The resort is the perfect base for exploring this diverse and fascinating region.
Accommodation at Wilpena Pound Resort is in four different room types, including a self contained option, designed to suit individuals, couples and families. All units enjoy private ensuites, tea and coffee making facilities, refrigerators, air conditioning, satellite television and are fully serviced on a daily basis.
All rooms have gone through a complete refurbishment, upgrading all rooms to a three and a half star category.
- Three nights standard accommodation.
- Full breakfast daily.
- A bottle of South Australian wine on arrival.
- Half day four wheel drive tour including morning or afternoon tea.
- 30 minute scenic flights.
- Sunset tour, with native tasting platter and sparkling wine.
- Wilpena Pound Resort is the only accommodation in the Flinders Ranges National Park and at the entrance to Wilpena Pound.
- Self rated three and a half and four star rooms.
- Reverse cycle air conditioning.
- Austar satellite television.
- Licensed restaurant – breakfast and dinner daily Modern Australian with a touch of the Outback.
- Poddy Dodger’s Bar open midday–late for drinks, refreshments, bistro-style meals.
- National Park Visitor Centre.
- Scenic flights and four wheel drive tours.
- Swimming pool.
- Spacious lawns and barbecues.
- Barbecue provisions available.
- General store, open daily 8am to 6pm for essential supplies – water, fuel, gas, souvenirs and takeaway food.
Price starting from
- Off peak period 1 December 2013 to 31 March 2014.
- Extra nights – standard contract rates apply.
- Child rates apply to children 12 years and under travelling with two full paying adults and using existing bedding.
- Cancellations must be received in writing prior to the arrival date - 72 hours out: 50 per cent package charged; 24 hours out: 100 per cent package price charged.
There are two ways to make a Shorts booking:
- You can book online, in which case the booking conditions specified on the website will apply to your booking, or
- You can contact the operator directly, in which case the booking conditions communicated to you by the operator will apply to your booking. Conditions will vary between operators.
SATC will not be responsible for any failure to read and understand booking conditions.
To redeem your gift card for accommodation or tours you must contact Holidays of Australia in one of the following ways:
Your gift card has been purchased at Holidays of Australia and therefore must be redeemed through their office. Under no circumstances should you try to redeem your voucher with an operator.
Wilpena Pound Resort
South Australia 5434
Toll Free Number
+61 1800 805 802
+61 (08) 8648 0004
+61 (08) 8648 0028
- Access With Assistance for the Disabled
- Access Without Assistance for the Disabled
- Automatic teller machine
- Barbecue facilities
- Bicycle hire
- Car park
- Communal lounge
- Communal shower
- Cots Available
- Cycle/running path
- Gardens in property
- Gas refills/bottles
- High chair
- Interconnecting rooms
- Lockers or baggage holding room
- Non Smoking Floor
- Outdoor furniture/setting
- Pay/Satellite TV
- Pets are not permitted at the property.
- Public Telephone
- Restaurant - BYO
- Restaurant - Licensed
- Swimming Pool - Outdoor
- Tour Desk
- Walking track
- Wi-Fi Internet Access
- Wood Heater/Pot Belly
- Air conditioning
- Clock Radio
- Cot available
- Electric blanket
- Iron and ironing board in room
- Non Smoking Room
- Pay/Satellite TV
- Tea/Coffee making facilities
- Caravan and Camping
- Cycle tourism
- Food and Wine
- Nature based