Adelaide Zoo is just a 15 minute walk from the central business district and is home to more than 1,800 animals and almost 300 species of exotic and native mammals, birds, reptiles and fish exhibited in over eight hectares of magnificent botanic surroundings.
Adelaide Zoo is also home to Wang Wang and Funi, the only Giant Pandas in the Southern Hemisphere.
The zoo's other major exhibits include the Immersion South East Asian Rainforest, Seal Bay, Australian Rainforest Wetlands walk-through aviary, Nocturnal House, Reptile House, Bug Barn, Children's Zoo and the Westpac Envirodome, and environmental education centre.
Zookeepers provide daily animal feeds and keeper talks. You can join an Adelaide Zoo free walkabout tour throughout the day - tours depart from various locations every half hour between 9.45am and 3.30pm.
- Interactive Children’s Zoo.
- Australia’s only Giant Pandas.
- Immersion Rainforest experience.
- Westpac Envirodome.
- Australian Native Animals.
- Licensed Café.
- Behind the Scenes Tours.
- Price includes your choice of our seven daily Keeper Talks and Daily Feeds. Plus, choose from our range of Walkabout Tours departing every 30 minutes.
There are two ways to make a Shorts booking:
- You can book online, in which case the booking conditions specified on the website will apply to your booking, or
- You can contact the operator directly, in which case the booking conditions communicated to you by the operator will apply to your booking. Conditions will vary between operators.
SATC will not be responsible for any failure to read and understand booking conditions.
To redeem your gift card for accommodation or tours you must contact Holidays of Australia in one of the following ways:
Your gift card has been purchased at Holidays of Australia and therefore must be redeemed through their office. Under no circumstances should you try to redeem your voucher with an operator.
South Australia 5000
Toll Free Number
+61 (08) 8267 3255
+61 (08) 8239 0637
- Adult - $31.50
- Child - $18.00
- Mon9.30am to 5pm
- Tue9.30am to 5pm
- Wed9.30am to 5pm
- Thu9.30am to 5pm
- Fri9.30am to 5pm
- Sat9.30am to 5pm
- Sun9.30am to 5pm
- Access With Assistance for the Disabled
- Bicycle Rack
- Car park
- Child Activities
- Child/Baby Seat and Equipment
- Coach Parking
- Conference/Convention Facilities
- First aid equipment
- Lockers or baggage holding room
- Parking for the Disabled
- Picnic Area
- Public Toilet
- Restaurant - Licensed
- Shaded Area
- Sheltered Area
- Toilet facilities for the Disabled
- Tour Desk
- Viewing Platform
- Animal Viewing